Welcome to our careers page!
We continue to build on our success so far with exciting (yet realistic) plans for growth. The business employ nearly 100 staff across the group, with the majority at our Leicester head office, plus more field-based.
The ethos of the company is very much for employees to enjoy their role, as well as supporting people to work to the best of their ability. We have developed a culture of internal development and promotion, for example all vacancies are advertised internally first. The working environment is vibrant and friendly. The company slogan is “Old fashioned values, modern day thinking”.
If you are interested in a career in any area of Vehicle Credit Limited (either for an advertised role or on a speculative basis), please submit your CV or complete our application form and send it to [email protected].
37.5 hours a week covering Monday – Saturday on a pre-arranged shift basis
Contract type: Permanent Salary (including bonus / commission): Highly competitive basic salary Key benefits
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Working in a modern, friendly office
- You will receive excellent professional training and development as required with regular reviews.
Purpose of the role:
This is more than your standard credit control role! Working in an established and supportive team, you will be primarily taking payments for car finance agreement arrears, dealing with both inbound and outbound calls and taking the appropriate action for whatever they require. You will provide an efficient, high quality, added value and compliant day to day service.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Work the collections diary on a daily basis – outbound calls to customer to chase arrears and deal with inbound queries/payments/early settlement requests etc.
- Reschedule accounts for payment dates and method of payment, engaging with clients about their financial status
- Process card payments and recording these onto customer agreement to clear arrears
- Produce letters to customers
- Liaise with all tracker companies in relation to forthcoming immobilisations, tracker audit/repairs, change of address etc.
- Immobilising customer’s vehicles at set times during the month via the tracker systems
- Keep the system up to date with information on customer status, payments made, details of inbound/outbound calls
- Liaise with third parties such as insurance companies, recoveries team etc. and internal departments including accounts, customer service and repossessions to resolve issues
- Produce end of day report on successes achieved, targets reached etc.
Qualifications and skills requirements:
- Knowledge and experience of handling customer complaints, taking an assertive yet professional approach
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook and any credit control systems
- Team work is really important for this role, however you must also be self- motivated, able to use own initiative, organise and plan
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Full training will be provided, however understanding of FCA Regulations and Guidelines, the Consumer Credit Act, Money Laundering, Data Protection, Breaches, Treating Customer Fairly, etc. would be an advantage.
You will be expected to maintain own competence and compliant status as you progress through your professional development plan.
For a confidential discussion please call Penny on 0116 3664051 or email your CV to [email protected]
No agencies please
37.5 Per week, or hours required, 5 days a week Monday - Saturday
Purpose of role: Working for Vehicle Credit, the Customer Service Executive’s (CSE) main purpose will be to introduce customers to the business (i.e. vehicle purchase finance solutions) undertaking the sales process within a portfolio of Motor Traders, taking the customer to a successful conclusion. Reporting to the Head of Field Operations, the Customer Service Executive will work closely with other members of the sales team and liaise with the in-house finance specialists.Show Details
- Make initial contact with new customers and build relationships
- Explain the benefits of our services and products
- Qualify customers and discuss all relevant proofs (of identity) that will be needed to conclude a sale compliantly
- Calculate income and complete income and expenditure
- Review supporting any required documents received from customer’s i.e. bank statements, proofs of address etc., carry out full security checks
- Liaise with the in house finance specialist to complete the deal
- Be responsible for timely completion of all relevant paperwork
- Confirm to the dealer the available lend and maximum monthly repayments allowed
- Support the underwriting team by following up and investigating previously rejected cases
- Calling customers prior to first payment to ensure they are satisfied and to remind them of payment dates/ ensure standing order is set up.
- Natural relationship builder – with clients, colleagues and third party service providers
- Team Worker
- Excellent communication – verbal and written
- Good numeracy
- Effective negotiator
- Organisation/time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Customer Service, Business Development, Sales, Call / Contact Centre, Telesales, Vehicle sales, Car auctions, Dealerships, Automotive, Motor Trade, Car auctions, Dealerships.
- Applicants for the Customer Service Executive would ideally have a background or understanding of the motor trade, car auctions etc., however we would welcome applicants from other finance services e.g. loans or credit related including banking.